News:

New Board:  Forum Support (Below Chandlery). Forum Support to submit any questions.

Main Menu

Stern Ladder

Started by Dale Tanski, May 12, 2007, 09:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Tanski

I am not sure what the factory ladder looked like, but I am thinking minus the twang to starboard, this is it.  As far as ladders go, this one is all but useless.  The only positive thing is that you could say at the time of the sale of the boat "it has a ladder".  

I worked with Jerry at Tops-n-Quality out of Michigan, and they did a custom redesign.  The beauty of the new ladder is that it fit the existing mounting holes in the transom.  As you can see, the new ladder provides plenty of steps below the water line for easy egress and folds nicely equal in height with the stern rail.  The details of construction are outstanding.  They build in 304 or 316, and each ladder is available in round or flattened rungs, or they can provide steps.  I am making my own wooden steps.  The ladder as seen can be had for right around $450 and Jerry has retained the design and can build you one in around three weeks.  In short, I am thrilled with this product!  

Please Note - This ladder was built by Tops in Quality.  Unfortunately they are basically out of business today.  I do have the drawing and would be glad to forward it to you if you would like.  Dale

Just a bit of an update, the sticks go up the 11th and we splash the 18th of May!
Good Sailing...   Dale Tanski
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

Dale Tanski

I uploaded the pictures again.  Dale
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

John Childs

Dale, I really like what you did for a stern ladder. Could you send me drawings?

Dale Tanski

John,
The computer that had the original AutoCAD drawing on it has long since died.  I can however go down and measure it up for you no problem.
Dale
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

John Childs

Dale, You are The MAN. I would appreciate the measurements because I like the idea of extended steps. Especially as we age LOL.

Dale Tanski

Good news!  I got a chance to measure the ladder and am in the process of drawing it up so that any good marine fabrication house can make one. Give me a few more days to finish it up.
Dale
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

John Childs

Dale, did you ever get the stern ladder drawings created? I would love to start working on a new ladder. Thanks.

Dale Tanski

John,
How do I post a file on this board?
Humm...

Dale
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

Dale Tanski

Send me your Email and I will send you the files.
Dale
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

John Childs

Dale, my email is halloa@charter.net  Thanks so much for your effort.