Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pearson 365/367 Yacht Club / Re: Alcohol Stove
« Last post by Nereid on Today at 08:42:24 AM »
Ha Hey!
Not a worry, and I have seen 2 being sold but they all were sold before I could hop on them. I have seen the occasional 3000 as well.
And not Ever-clear the fuel but the alcohol you drink--it is like 195 proof  ;D
Thanks!
« Last post by ZULU40 on October 16, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
hello !
Sorry, I dont want to discourage you but Ive never seen a 6000 for sale second hand
there are the occasional 3000, and in my experience the sellers dont seem to be aware what they are or how they work
my own was sold from an inheritance

also I dont even know what ever-clear fuel is so I cant help there either ..
Yea! I'd go for it! Just be sure that your mizzen boom won't ever come in contact with the panels.. it looks like your davits have an upward bend..
P.S. Nice shot ha!
« Last post by Nereid on October 16, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »
Also,
Has anyone seen an ORIGO 6000 for sale? (Used.. I prefer to hold on to my pennies).
I do really enjoy the non-pressurized stove ideal a lot!
Thanks!
« Last post by Nereid on October 16, 2018, 02:45:25 PM »
Not Bad At All!!
Thanks guys for the advice and points! They have all been really helpful!
Thanks for the Flame Photo and walk through Zulu40, helps to see the difference!!
I have been told that you can burn ever-clear in these as well.
Any crazy guy out there done that? Or is it the new thing on the bloc?
And I was thinking of solar panels on my dingy davits.
« Last post by ZULU40 on October 15, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »
thanks Jim

I didnt want to leave this without a few other explanatory shots
when you open the stove by releasing the catch front centre, because the weight goes more rearward it immediately puts the burners in the recommended position for refilling
that is slightly tilted. So that works out ideal

I also wanted to show the simplicity of the internals of the stove, which is simply a SS pressing containing the burners
You can see the burners have a kind of wadding and a mesh cover and can be just slipped out

I also chanced my arm with da fone cam at getting a look at the flame
which although it can be seen it isnt as bright as say gas burners,
and remember this is with mentholated spirits as a fuel because that possibly makes a difference

Pearson 365/367 Yacht Club / Re: New 367 owner is here
« Last post by Maruska on October 14, 2018, 09:34:04 AM »
Welcome aboard.  You will not be disappointed.
Dale Tanski
Maruska
Hull 40
Ketch
Pearson 365/367 Yacht Club / Re: Garboard Plug
« Last post by Maruska on October 14, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
A near and dear subject...
A garboard plug is a threaded screw in plug, that is located in the lowest part of the boat to drain any water from inside of the boat, out.
In a power boat it would be located on the transom and know as a drain plug.  In a sailboat the transom is typically not the lowest part of the hull, the bilge is.
Where I live, Buffalo NY, every sailboat should have a garboard plug, not so much to drain out any water that could accumulate in the bilge during winter lay up but to mitigate the damage when that water freezes.  I have seen plenty of boats with water up to the "seats" but that damage is typically only cosmetic.  I have also seen boats that have had their bilge sumps split from freezing water or floors buckled up from the relentless push of ice upward.
I installed a garboard plug on my P365 immediately and at that time it was located in Have DeGrace Maryland.  Actually on the second work weekend I was down there, I at least drilled the hole for one to keep water out of the bilge.  I latter went back and made the hole bigger and epoxied the plug housing into place.  The hardest part of any garboard plug install is finding the bottom of the bilge. The idea of course is to drain as much water out as possible so the plug must be located as close to the bottom of the bilge sump as possible.  In short it is a guessing game, drill and hope. 
The biggest feature of a complete installation is that the plug or plug housing must not protrude above the surface of the hull.  A grounding or a brush with a submerged log could become a problem if the plug were hit if it sits proud of the hull.
In shallow bilge boats such as a Sabre or a Catalina, often the plug is installed facing the inside of the bilge. This allows the plug to be installed or removed from the inside the boat which is a handy feature.  There are even plugs with "T" shaped handles on them to promote easier tightening and removal.  Some even have a lanyard so they can't become lost.
There will those that will say, another hole in the bottom of the boat is never a good thing.  If you think about it, is is never the hole, its the equipment or the lack of maintenance of that equipment that is the problem. A garboard plug has no valve, hose of additional fittings. In short nothing to break or fail. 
If you leave your boat on the hard for extended periods of time outside unattended, installing a garboard plug could be the best thing you ever installed.

Dale
Obersheimer Sailor Supply
Maruska
Hull 40
Ketch
Pearson 365/367 Yacht Club / Garboard Plug
« Last post by CaptCG on October 13, 2018, 10:15:08 PM »
Hi All,
What is a garboard plug and how should I (or the yard) install it on my 365 sloop?
Thanks,
Carl
SV Sea Hiker
1980 365 Sloop # 302
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10